Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mystique 'Dead Drop Gorgeous'

I really enjoyed reading the Mystique 'Dead Drop Gorgeous' trade over the weekend - a great story from Brian K. Vaughan with beautiful artwork from Jorge Lucas - and added volumes 2, 3 and 4 to my 'wish list'. With a large pile of comics and trades to read at the moment I was in no real hurry to pick them up but came across someone selling all four volumes on eBay.

Having paid nearly £20 for a copy of the now out-of-print Mystique 'Dead Drop Gorgeous' - I've seen it advertised for around £50 elsewhere - I was prepared to pay a similar price for the second trade 'Tinker, Tailor, Mutant Spy' and maybe another £15 on top for volumes 3 and 4.

With a couple of days to go in the auction there were already 9 bids (why does anyone bid this early?) with a highest bid of £12. With just a couple of minutes of the auction left the price hadn't changed and, with around 30 second left I placed my maximum bid of £30.

Imagine my delight when the auction ended and I got all 4 volumes for £18. If I can make some of that back by relisting volume 1 then I'll be very happy.

Bargain!

0 comments: