Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Batman Universe

I've been a fan of Batman for as long as I can remember. Like a lot of people my age (I was reminded recently that I am 'quite old') I have fond memories of the 1960's television series staring Adam West and Burt Ward, the sometimes hit and sometimes miss films of the late 1980's and 1990's, through to the films with Christian Bale over the past few years.

Along the way I've enjoyed collecting Batman merchandise and mostly enjoyed reading the Batman comics published by DC, although I've enjoyed the comics a little less over the past year or so during the Batman RIP 'event'.

With Bruce Wayne now 'absent' we're currently in the middle of the 'Battle for the Cowl' to determine - amongst other things - who will be the next Batman.

It's a struggle to keep up with things at times! There is so much Batman news and information on the internet and not all of it is as trustworthy - or even worthwhile - as it could be.

One reliable source that I've discovered is a website called
www.thebatmanuniverse.net/
The website covers, in great detail, the Batman comics, films, TV, merchandise and video games and includes a lively forum. The guys that run the site also publish a number of podcasts focusing on previewing and reviewing comic releases as well as interviews with creators.


A couple of months ago the guys added a blog to their publishing empire and whether I'm reading the website, the blog or listenning to the podcasts it's clear that authors really know their stuff and their enthusiasm for Batman comes across in their written and spoken words.

The Batman Universe has become my first stop for all things Batman.

0 comments: