Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Pick of the Recent New Releases

With monthly or fortnightly shipping I don't always get my books the week they are published, so my pick of the recent new releases is a book that was, I believe, released last week (7 October 2009) - Witchblade #131.

No surprise there I know - I think it's fair to say I blog about Witchblade, in particular, and Top Cow titles in general, more than I do anything else.

I'll write a full review in due course, but for now I wanted to highlight the three stunning covers available for this issue: simply beautiful:







(click on images to enlarge)


Witchblade #131 - “A New Beginning”
Written by Ron Marz, art by Stjepan Sejic
Covers by (a) Stjepan Sejic, (b) Chris Bachalo, (c) John Tyler Christopher

A new status quo begins here! Emerging from the ashes of “War of the Witchblades”, the new Witchblade bearer must struggle to adjust to her new responsibility with the reunified gauntlet. But will the gauntlet allow her a moment of respite in the wake of war and loss? Featuring a cover by regular artist Sejic and two additional variant covers by Chris Bachalo (Amazing Spider-Man) and newcomer John Tyler Christopher.

Full Color 32 pages $2.99 ongoing series
Published by Top Cow Productions

[
Source]

Earlier this week over at Newsarama Lan Pitts reviewed Witchblade #131 in some detail - check out what he thought here.

0 comments: