Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"... Just Mount a Bicycle and Go Out for a Spin Down the Road ..."

It's felt like waiting for Christmas but finally the Tour de France is upon us ... and I'm off on my annual holidays timed around the first and third weeks of the worlds greatest annual sporting event.

When I'm not watching the Tour I'll mainly be reading - I've got a pile of comics to catch up with and I'm looking forward to rereading some early Conan Doyle - and cycling in preparation of my own two-wheeled challenge at the end of August.

Back to blogging in less than a week, for a week, then I'll be off again ...

When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1896

0 comments: