Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tony Daniel Speaking about Detective Comics

"Wednesday marks the first Detective Comics No. 1 since March 1937, and the first to ever star the title's cowled mainstay, Batman.

All that history is not lost on Tony S. Daniel."



Tony Daniel has been speaking with both USA Today and IGN this week ahead of the relaunch of DC's Detective Comics. I've made no secret of the fact that I'm not a fan of the DC relaunch/reboot and I've cut quite of few DC titles as a result - that said, from the moment I read the Tony Daniel was attached to Detective I was always going to be on board.

I enjoyed Tony Daniel's run on Batman - both his writing and his art - and I'm expecting good things from his creative partnership with Ryan Winn. One of Daniel's strengths, for me, is his ability to work with a large ensemble of characters: the cover of this first issue features both Batman - Bruce Wayne Batman of course - and Joker while
we'll also be introduced to a brand new villain known as Dollmaker.

More from Tony Daniel at USA Today and IGN.

0 comments: