Thursday, March 11, 2010

Incognito Original Artwork and Book

Regular readers will know that I'm a big fan of the Criminal series written by Ed Brubaker with art by Sean Phillips and colours from Val Staples, published by the Marvel Comics' imprint Icon.

I've been reading the books in collected editions and really enjoying the combination of great writing, art and colours. I think I'm up to date now with the Criminal trades so I was looking around at some of the other books from the same creative team and decided to pick-up the first collected edition of Incognito.

The very same day I was looking online for Incognito Sean Phillips announced on his blog that he'd put a few copies of the book up for sale on Amazon and that each copy would include an original character sketch of the buyers choice ... perfect timing!

I asked for a sketch of the character Ava Destruction and couldn't believe what I received - inside the book on the 'title' page was the most amazing sketch - I don't actually think the word 'sketch' does justice to this great artwork.

I'm very pleased to own this unique book.


[click to enlarge the image]

0 comments: