Thursday, July 8, 2010

Batgirl and Supergirl - Lee Garbett Pencils

Over at his blog Lee Garbett has shared a page of pencils from the forthcoming Batgirl #14:


(Yes, that really is Supergirl! See the solicitation at the foot of this post)

I'm running out of compliments for Mr Garbett's work - these pencils are simply stunning and I can't wait for my next Batgirl fix with issue #12 that's due next Wednesday and will, of course, be my advance 'Pick of the Week'.

If you're not currently picking up the Batgirl book and are tempted to jump on board there couldn't be a better time - next week also sees the publication of the trade paperback Batgirl Rising which includes the first 7 issues of the current series and runs across 176 pages. I rarely pick up collections of books that I buy as single issues but I'll certainly be making an exception in this case.

I think we've been really fortunate to have artists of the calibre of Lee Garbett working on the Batgirl title and I'll certainly miss his beautiful pencils when his run, inevitably, comes to a close.

Batgirl #14
Written by Bryan Q. Miller with art by Lee Garbett & Trevor Scott and cover by Stanley 'Artgerm' Lau

It's terror in the third dimension starring Batgirl, Supergirl and Dracula…and Dracula, and Dracula! When Supergirl decides to get away from it all and visit Stephanie Brown on the campus of Gotham City University, a quiet, relaxing weekend turns into a monster movie mash-up! After a science experiment goes horribly wrong, 24 black-and-white Draculas are brought to life, and Batgirl and Supergirl are forced to become vampire hunters in order to stop an army of the celluloid undead!

The issue goes on sale 8 September 2010.

0 comments: